5 Signs Your Small Business Suffers From Groundhog Day Syndrome
Today is Groundhog Day — a day when hundreds of people gather in the predawn freezing cold to find out whether a small rodent will see his shadow or not. Perhaps the only thing sillier than believing that a groundhog can predict the weather is believing that doing the same thing over and over can ever lead to different results. In the movie “Groundhog Day,” Bill Murray is an unhappy weatherman who is doomed to repeat Groundhog Day over and over. Are you, too, suffering from Groundhog Day syndrome? Here are 5 common symptoms:
1. You’re still balancing your books with pen and paper. OK, maybe you’ve upgraded to an Excel spreadsheet. The point is, you’re using old-fashioned methods.
Change it up: Financials for Office 365 enables you to grow your business with tools you need to scale your dream; minimise your risk by giving you keys to highly secure and powerful cloud accounting; differentiate you in the market with connected technology that helps you do more with less effort.
2. You aren’t getting good results from your marketing efforts. But instead of trying something different, you pour more money into the same channels. Or perhaps you aren’t even measuring the results of your marketing.
Change it up: ClickDimensions for Dynamics 365 offers the ability to create campaigns that move your leads and customers to action through campaign automation, reporting, web intelligence, lead scoring, web forms, social marketing, and much more.
3. You don’t see the forest for the trees. There are so many things to deal with daily when you own your business that it’s easy to get lost in the weeds.
Change it up: Power BI allows you to see your company's data in new ways with interactive data visualization tools. Connect to hundreds of data sources, simplify data prep, and drive ad hoc analysis. Produce beautiful reports, then publish them for your organization to consume on the web and across mobile devices. Everyone can create personalized dashboards with a unique, 360-degree view of their business. And scale across the enterprise, with governance and security built-in.
4. Your backup disaster recovery plan consists of crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.
Change it up: As it turns out, a whopping 75% of small businesses don’t have a disaster recovery plan in place. A business without a backup and recovery strategy is asking for trouble and taking an unnecessary risk. Office 365 supports encryption, document and email sync, backup and storage. Business continuity, at least with regard to Office, is assured and automated.
5. You're a jack of all trades, but a master of none. You’re answering the phones, balancing the books, working the front desk and overseeing your marketing. Not only are you exhausted all the time, but opportunities are falling through the cracks because you’re too busy to take advantage of them.
Change it up: Microsoft Dynamics 365 streamlines and integrates your processes, manages and maintains customer relationships, tracks engagements, sales, invoices, and delivers actionable data - all in one place. The good news for small business owners is that Dynamics 365 is the antithesis of ‘one size fits all’ approach that most platforms have.